PDA

View Full Version : Macro copy worksheet to workbook and row offsets

lleung89
04-20-2016, 03:02 AM
Hi,

I've got the below macro code that allows me to copy and paste workbooks in a folder location and it copies a labelled worksheet within the workbooks into my current master workbook. I'm having issues in getting the macro to copy the data from the workbooks into the next blank row (some workbooks contain more rows of information than other workbooks.)

Currently the below code just overwrites what's been copied with the newest opened spreadsheet.
i.e I need the code to be able to copy data and then move onto the next line to start the process again

Sub Create_Data()
Dim folderPath As String
Dim fileName As String
Dim thisWorkbook As Workbook
Dim dayNumber As Integer
Dim workbookDate As Date
Dim rowOffset As Long

folderPath = "G:\Z_Non Residential Manual Uploads 16-17"

Set thisWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook

If Right(folderPath, 1) <> "\" Then folderPath = folderPath & "\"

fileName = Dir(folderPath & "*.xls")
Do While fileName <> ""

Workbooks.Open folderPath & fileName

Sheets("Master Data").Range("A2:O1500").Copy thisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Offset(rowOffset, 0).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

fileName = Dir
Loop

MsgBox "Finished"

End Sub

Any help would be appreciated

GTO
04-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Not tested, but this looks suspicious: Sheets("Master Data").Range("A2:O1500").Copy thisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Offset(rowOffset, 0).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

I read thru twice and do not see where you assign a value to rowOffset.

lleung89
04-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Not tested, but this looks suspicious: Sheets("Master Data").Range("A2:O1500").Copy thisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Offset(rowOffset, 0).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

I read thru twice and do not see where you assign a value to rowOffset.

I'm sure when I had a value in that rowOffset (I maybe wrong about this) but it just moved the copied worksheet into the next corresponding row number but you could be right! I will test it when I'm back in work and let you know ...