PDA

View Full Version : Query Access database with parameters on Excel sheet.

oteixeira
04-22-2016, 04:02 AM
Hello to all,
I found a piece of code on internet and adapted it to my needs, as you can see bellow. It works fine, getting the data from an Access database and returning it into an Excel spreadsheet. User enters the two parameters on the Excel spreadsheet and data is automatically refreshed. My problem is that there are hundreds (thousands, perhaps) of spreadsheet lines (queries) which causes slow data returning. I am opening and closing the connection per each query. That does not look good to me...but I don't know how to do it other way.
My question is if there is a better way of achieving this goal. I don’t have much knowledge on VBA and perhaps there is a better way of writing the code or even a different approach to get the same result.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Public Const BDados As String = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=\\10.172.2.46\Finance2\Dados\SAP_BALANCES_FY.accdb"

Private Function GetFYBalPV03(p1 As Variant, p2 As Variant) As Double
On Error GoTo erro
Dim aux As String
Dim cnt As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim ccmd As New ADODB.Command
Dim PA1 As New ADODB.Parameter, PA2 As New ADODB.Parameter

cnt.Open BDados
ccmd.ActiveConnection = cnt
ccmd.CommandText = "SELECT SUM(YTD_BALANCE_DR - YTD_BALANCE_CR) FROM BALANCETES_PV03 WHERE CONTA=? AND PER_SAP=?"
ccmd.CommandType = adCmdText

Set PA1 = ccmd.CreateParameter("first", adVariant, adParamInput, 1, p1)
Set PA2 = ccmd.CreateParameter("second", adVariant, adParamInput, 1, p2)

ccmd.Parameters.Append PA1
ccmd.Parameters.Append PA2

Set rst = ccmd.Execute

GetFYBalPV03 = rst.Fields(0).Value

rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing
cnt.Close
Set cnt = Nothing

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
erro: aux = MsgBox(CStr(Err.Number) & ":" & Err.Description, vbOKOnly, "ERRO - " & Err.Source)
End If

End Function

snb
04-22-2016, 05:11 AM
look for: 'copyfromrecordset'