PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Automating Outlook 2003 calendar from Excel

KimHull
10-11-2005, 04:07 AM
I have a spreadsheet to show scheduled dates for account reviews and dates invoices were requested from customers. What I'm trying to do, with absolutely no joy so far :banghead: , is use a macro that recognises when a date is inputed into a "bills requested" cell to then automatically enter an event into my outlook 2003 calendar to prompt me to chase the customer if they haven't returned their bills within a specific time. So far I've found lots of helpful info through this forum to send emails, but I'm coming up against a bit of a brick wall where the calendar is concerned.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zack Barresse
10-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello there KimHull, welcome to the board!!

So, as I'm thinking about this, I kind of have my own thing in mind. And as I hate doing work that isn't going to be used, or just thrown by the wayside, would it be possible for you to zip/upload an attachment sample of your workbook? And also, could you line out which cells are to be adjusted and associated with each other, including the trigger cell(s)?

Bob Phillips
10-19-2005, 02:36 AM
I have a spreadsheet to show scheduled dates for account reviews and dates invoices were requested from customers. What I'm trying to do, with absolutely no joy so far :banghead: , is use a macro that recognises when a date is inputed into a "bills requested" cell to then automatically enter an event into my outlook 2003 calendar to prompt me to chase the customer if they haven't returned their bills within a specific time. So far I've found lots of helpful info through this forum to send emails, but I'm coming up against a bit of a brick wall where the calendar is concerned.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An example at http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olCalendar.htm#Creating_an_Appointment

KimHull
10-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Firefytr and xld,

thanks for the replies. The example in the link you provided xld looks promising but unfortunately I don't yet understand the code enough to modify it. That will come with time though. Firefytr, I've attached a sample of the worksheet I'm using and here's a description of what I'm trying to achieve:

The trigger cells are in the ranges L5:Lnth and R5:Rnth, what I'm trying to achieve as an example would be when I enter a date into either L5 or R5 the macro would pick up the text from C5 (company name) and enter that as the subject in an appointment 7 days after the entry, with a reminder, in my outlook 2003 calendar with the body text "chase bills". The bit that is really boggling me, apart from fully understanding the code, is:

How would I specify that the text from cell Cnth is to be used in the subject field of the appointment?
Can I then apply the macro to all the cells in both "trigger cell" ranges so it would link the appropriate row number in column L or R to the same row number in column C?
You'll have to excuse the clumsy formula and conditional writing as I've had to teach myself from scratch to produce this worksheet.

Many thanks, any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips
10-19-2005, 07:41 AM

KimHull
10-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks xld, that works a treat, much appreciated guys. I'm think I'm slowly starting to get the basics, but I know I'll probably be back again soon.

Zack Barresse
10-19-2005, 10:23 AM
LOL! Go to sleep and xld comes down with fire! Haha! :D

Bob Phillips
10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
LOL! Go to sleep and xld comes down with fire! Haha! :D

Well I had already given the guy the solution, he just didn't understand and/or know how to implement it. So I had to http://vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/112.gif