PDA

View Full Version : need a vba code HELLLLLPPPPPP

jessmendez01
05-09-2016, 08:58 AM
First time processing a macro and need help I need the vba code/macro to do the following:

Prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

· Create a folder in the directory with the Invoice number as the folder name
· Evaluate the full list of invoices in the excel report file.
· By Ship_Name (column B) extract all invoices for each person into a separate excel file and total up their individual invoice totals.
· Each excel file will be named with the following convention àInvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)
· Save a copy of the original file in the new directory with the name of InvoiceNumber-Original.xls
· Save each Ship_Name file in the new directory
· Format each of the Ship_Name output files in the same way as the attached sample file.

Please tell me someone can help me :(

SamT
05-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following
· By Ship_Name (column B) extract all invoices for each person into a separate excel file and total up their individual invoice totals.
· Each excel file will be named with the following convention àInvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)
· Save a copy of the original file in the new directory with the name of InvoiceNumber-Original.xls
· Format each of the Ship_Name output files in the same way as the attached sample file.

that doesn't look like it is in the correct numerical order.

In re # 8: No attachment.

jessmendez01
05-10-2016, 06:19 AM
number 8 is not needed.
just need it to do what is listed :(
any ideas?

Paul_Hossler
05-10-2016, 06:28 AM
1. No attachment

2. Tall order

3. Suggestion: a more meaningful topic title is more likely to have people look at it and offer ideas

jessmendez01
05-10-2016, 06:48 AM
ok im sorry i was unclear:

need the macro to 1st prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

· Each excel file will be named with the following convention a InvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)

Does this make sense?

jessmendez01
05-10-2016, 07:14 AM
when it says the attached sample file was corrupt so it won't allow me to upload however it should save as Ship_Name user example would be like this: 123456789_sample.xls

snb
05-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Too far beyond your level of expertise. So you won't understand the help that could be offered.

SamT
05-10-2016, 02:56 PM
need the macro to 1st prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

Select one invoice, create folder. Process many invoices. Do you see a problem with that request?