PDA

View Full Version : How to generate Sum formula in excel

bbuk9999
05-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to insert a SUM formula in excel in a dynamic range. For example: If I wanted to use SUM formula in dynamic range, this dynamic range depends on variables, how to insert the formula with these variables: SUM(A1:K10) this is not a dynamic, but SUM(A1:N) is dynamic, N can be A10, or K10, or G5. I am trying to make the ranch dynamic, SUM(dynamic range). Any assistance is appreciated. :yes

PAB
05-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to insert a SUM formula in excel in a dynamic range. For example: If I wanted to use SUM formula in dynamic range, this dynamic range depends on variables, how to insert the formula with these variables: SUM(A1:K10) this is not a dynamic, but SUM(A1:N) is dynamic, N can be A10, or K10, or G5. I am trying to make the range dynamic, SUM(dynamic range). Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi bbuk9999,

You have posted the same question twice before but with different wording.

I think that you will find that what I have posted for two of your previous requests will show you how this can be achieved.
The same logic applies to the question you have asked above.

If you have any problems however, please come back and I am sure there is someone who will be able to help you.

I hope this helps!

bbuk9999
05-09-2016, 10:49 AM
Thanks, It is the same logic, but I am unable to figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Paul_Hossler
05-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Might be spliting hairs, but I'd think of that example, if I'm understanding it, as a 'variable range', not a 'dynamic range'

I'd use INDIRECT()