PDA

View Full Version : Creating indivisual diaries from master rota

Sir Babydum GBE
05-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Hi again - long time no see.

I've lost all my excel powers. I need formula help (can't use vba on mobile excel)

I manage a large rota, and I've been asked to send schedules from the rota to a bunch of students. That is to say, the rota is a master schedule containing all classes, assignments, and students. Then, from this, I have to send individual diaries to each student showing only their assignments.

I can't have a bunch of blank info when I send it out - it needs to look tidy.

I've attached a workbook with a mocked up rota, and at the bottom I've added a section designed to show you how I need the formulae to return the results, assuming that I'd just input the info in the yellow cells. Most data I'll ever be selecting is 12-consecutive weeks (e.g. Jan to March) if that helps...

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Sir Babydum GBE
05-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Bump
Please feel free to offer any suggestions about workarounds if the question itself has no possible answer.

Many thanks

SamT
05-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately,I can't see your upload on this old computer, my other is broken.

Not being a formula guy, my hammer is VBA. As long as you know that. . .

Why not use a Full Excel workbook on the School's network?

And if you have to use your mobile, access that thru the internet.

PS: Cardiff was a regular Port Of Call on that side of the pond when I was in the Navy. Please send a case of Newcastle Brown.:ipray: All we get here are the dregs and they've been refrigerated. :crying:

snb
05-23-2016, 11:43 PM
I've lost all my excel powers. I need formula help (can't use vba on mobile excel)

Why did you decide to downgrade ? (is that 'progress' ?)

Aussiebear
05-24-2016, 03:13 AM
I've lost all my excel powers.

May we assume then that this new age sensisitve English Darth Vader has a weakness?

Aussiebear
05-24-2016, 03:19 AM
Cardiff was a regular Port Of Call on that side of the pond when I was in the Navy. Please send a case of Newcastle Brown.:ipray:

Sam there are Australian beers that would walk allover this sheep dip...... Come on mate you are not in the navy now, lift your standards.

SamT
05-24-2016, 04:42 AM
You have new beers in the last 45years?

I've probably tasted over a thousand different beers worldwide. NBA is the best I've had. So far. Even the dregs we gert over here are better than any commercial Yank beer. OTOH, cold NBA is sheep p**s.

Sir Babydum GBE
05-24-2016, 09:48 AM
SamT & snb: Mostly I'm out and about and I tend to do a lot of the work on my iPad. As I'm not I a position to switch to a decent Windows tablet. I was really hoping for a formula route so that I could work on the go.

Sir Babydum GBE
05-24-2016, 09:54 AM
May we assume then that this new age sensisitve English Darth Vader has a weakness?
What I've lost in Excel powers, I've gained in telepathy and origami. It was a cunning trade-off. The Death Star had little need for spreadsheet solutions.

Sir Babydum GBE
05-24-2016, 09:55 AM
You have new beers in the last 45years?

I've probably tasted over a thousand different beers worldwide. NBA is the best I've had. So far. Even the dregs we gert over here are better than any commercial Yank beer. OTOH, cold NBA is sheep p**s.

I've become very partial to banana beer.

SamT
05-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Mostly I'm out and about and I tend to do a lot of the work on my iPad Rell us about the Rota. Many details please.

SamT
05-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Banana beer doesn't sound that good.

Aussiebear
05-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Rell us about the Rota. Many details please.

Hmmm....... been dipping into the NBA it seems?

Aussiebear
05-25-2016, 12:06 AM
The Death Star had little need for spreadsheet solutions.

Does this mean the end for excel and VBA?