PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink from a cell in another sheet. Not quite working for me.

whatsapro
05-22-2016, 04:41 PM
All,

Second post. I'm amazed at the help so far. Thank you.

I have Cell, say D3 that contains a value, "0123444444".
In another cell, T3, there is a hyperlink that was pulled in from another workbook entirely. So the "value" is the actual hyperlink. There is a VLOOKUP pulling this data into my sheet.

How can I make the D3 still show "0123444444" and then make it reference that "value" in T3 still? I've tried =HYPERLINK(T3,"0123444444") but that is not working. I'm assuming its because the cell T3 is actually a VLOOKUP formula?

Any suggestions?

SamT
05-22-2016, 04:59 PM
=TEXT(T3,"#")

Can you share the actual Hyperlink formula in T3?

SamT
05-23-2016, 08:09 AM
C&P From PM
Wouldn't let me post it to forum for some reason.

SamT,

I don't know why this wouldn't post as a reply to forum. Maybe It will let me send you a DM.

B3 has a TEXT cell with numbers that start with "0". Such as "012553578". I want to be able to click this B3 cell or double click and have it bring me to a specific URL that is stored in T3.
T3 has a formula pulling this URL from another workbook.

T3 contains this formula: =VLOOKUP($B3,'C:\Users\1260948764C\Documents\Loggie Tools\Supportability Analysis\May 2016 Supportability\[Weapon System Asset Availability Constraint Slicer.xlsm]NIIN Detail'!$C$1:$BR$30000,45,FALSE).

It returns a url starting with "http://" value in that cell. I'd write the entire url out but the forum will not allow me to.

Thanks for any advice.

It might be the square brackets:dunno I italicized them to trick the forum, just in case, Dunno if that worked, or if you are just special.

After a few more posts the forum anti-spammer software will let you post URLs. In the meantime, just leave off the http// part.

I am not the best formula guy to ask, but "[Weapon System Asset Availability Constraint Slicer.xlsm]" is not a valid file name

I don't think you should be seeing a hyperlink as a result of that formula.