PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent errors after running macro varying number of times

jtcoleman
05-25-2016, 01:23 PM
I have already posted about this topic in another forum and have received suggestions but no solutions yet. My problem is essentially that I am receiving different errors after running my macro a seemingly random number of times. Whenever I have just opened the workbook, the macro will run for a minimum of two or three times without any errors. But after that its a tossup as far as how many times I can run it before it errors. I have even written another macro to run the problem macro 100 times and after it finished I ran the problem macro one more time and got an error. And once I receive the error Excel stops functioning properly; selected cell does not highlight when I click on any cell, if I scroll down I see multiple cells in a vertical column that appear to all be individually selected (not like a typical range selection where the cells turn blue), and when I try to close Excel the cursor changes to the blue wheel and flickers erratically and Excel does not shut down. If you decide to take a look at my file, I have a command bar in the ribbon labeled "Caesar" that contains the buttons to run the macros. The error seems to occur fastest when clicking "Run All" and different "Individual" group buttons multiple times. The clear all button is not under question here and while you are free to run it, it will only clear the data in the workbook necessary to run any macros. If you happen to be running a 64 bit version of excel you may not ever get the error to occur, this has been my experience on my personal computer but unfortunately my work computer is 32 bit, however I would still like to know either way if it helps or not.16261