PDA

View Full Version : Using Range.Find to search another Open Workbook

dmelt253
05-26-2016, 10:07 AM
First off a little background:I work for a company that provides sustainment services for vehicles. If certain parts breakdown on these vehicles it makes them Non Mission Capable (NMC) and so these parts in particular are high priority. I run a receiving report out of Cognos which shows me parts that were received in the last 7 days. In the first column is a list of Document #'s which are basically like serial numbers that tell which project these parts belong too. The first 14 characters of these doc #'s is the most important but sometimes a letter is tacked on for a split shipment. Everyday I receive an NMC report which is a list of parts that deadline a vehicle by making it non mission capable. The name of this report remains constant: NMC Report [today's date]So here is what I'm trying to do:With both the receiving report from Cognos and the NMC report open I would like to run a macro that takes each document number on the receiving report (range = ("A2:A50")) and searches the entire NMC report workbook (there are multiple worksheets) and if it finds a match it highlights that cell in the receiving report yellow and then moves onto the next cell and repeats the search till all the used cells in the receiving report have been searched. The document numbers are unique so there will not be multiple values to find in the NMC report.Here is the code I have so far but I keep getting a Compile error: Else without If?

Option Explicit
Sub NMC_Check()
'
' NMC_Check Macro
'
'
Dim sWB As Workbook
Dim sRange As Range
Dim sCell As Range
Dim sWS As Worksheet
Dim sWhat As String
Dim rFound As Range