PDA

View Full Version : Counting rows in clipboard

root01
06-02-2016, 03:15 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to programming and vba in general.

I am currently working on a QlikView application and I need to output some data from Qlikview into excel.

My requirements are as follows:

1. Open an existing excel template - Works fine
2. Copy some tables/charts and paste them into excel - Works fine
3. Copy a single table and insert the rows of that table into a range in excel whilst moving everything else down. - Not working
4. Save file - Works fine

My current script is as follows:

Code formatting messed up code; Please repost it

The code above is a simple example. Ideally, for step 3 I would like to copy a table in QlikView (the table could have a different amount of rows depending on selections), count the rows that have been copied into clipboard, insert the required amount of cells and then paste the table.

Could anyone help me out please?

snb
06-02-2016, 03:57 AM
Please use code tags !

root01
06-02-2016, 04:56 AM
Done. Thanks

SamT
06-02-2016, 07:05 AM
I don't know what you did, but it didn't work.

Use the # icon for CODE Tags.

You can Select the code in the post and click the Icon, or
You can copy the code in the VBA editor or Notepad, then click the Icon and paste between the Tags, or
You can manually type the tags, [_Code_] and [_/Code_], with the brackets, without the underscores.

You can not use any text editor that formats text, such as Word. You should not format the code text in any way.

If you cannot get it to work, just post the code like you did the first time without tags.

root01
06-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Its fine. I think I have sorted this now. Mods, please go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks everyone