PDA

View Full Version : Need macro that creates new rows and copies matching info from sheet 1 to Sheet 2

vpan
06-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Hi,

Im new to this site and also vba so hello everyone!

If you look at the attached file, I want to automatically create new rows on sheet "sorted by Broker" based on information that I continuously receive from clients which i copy and paste into sheet 1 Column A. Client gives a list of brokers to me and I want that client's information inserted in a new row for the corresponding broker on sheet "sorted by broker". the client information i want duplicated is B1:B3 in sheet 1 into the PM, Firm, Date columns in sheet 2. This is an ongoing process so I want to be able to keep adding rows of matching data to sheet 2 whenever i copy data into sheet 1 column A and hit "Add Data"

In the attached file, I have copied and pasted cells to show how I want the sheet to work for you to get a better idea.

I would really appreciate the help! I am getting very confused on how to approach it

Thanks!

mdmackillop
06-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Welcome to VBAX
Can you provide meaningful sample data. I don't know what is meant to be a name or a sort category.