PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Refres Pivot due to unrecognised database format

baz16
06-16-2016, 05:53 AM
I have created a worksheet with 5 Pivots on 5 different tabs.

The data is pulled from an Access data base stored on a shared drive so others in my team should be able to refresh.

I have also written a basic macro to refresh each pivot,

Sheets("Analysts_Qaulity").PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotCache.Refresh ).

There are some people who are unable to refresh the tables in my team, myself and 2 others can, but 2 people are unable to. I thought it may have to do with the letter of Drive path they had used to map the shared drive, but I have ensured my query uses the full path name as opposed to the letter eg 's://'.

The people who cannot refresh are being asked to enter a password, and when they just click 'ok', it then comes up with an error message saying "Unrecognised database format,"

Any ideas would be grateful

jonh
06-17-2016, 12:40 AM
Do they have read permissions on the folder?
Can they open the file directly?
Do they have the right version of Access installed?

baz16
06-20-2016, 03:42 AM
Yes, there access is the same, they are able to open the database directly from the folder and don't have read only permissions either.

jonh
06-21-2016, 01:34 PM
If you rename any old non Access file with an Access extension and try to open it in Access you get that error.
I have no idea what would happen passing a bogus file path to Excel because I don't use Excel very often. :dunno

I don't see why Access would be asking for a password, so I guess it's a Windows dialog and therefore some sort of network issue... something else I know nothing about.