PDA

View Full Version : Controlling ActiveX textboxes

Blueskies
07-01-2016, 01:15 AM
Hi,
I'm using Activex textboxes in the SHOW mode to write text on the slides. I have a menu on Slide 1 which lists the slides which I can hyperlink to. Each the destination slide has a textbox where the title of the section can go. I can change the text (in the SHOW mode) on the menu slide easily. All I want to do is to automatically make the title textbox on the destination slide automatically have the same text.

e.g. textbox1.text (on slide6 for example)=textbox1.text (on the menu slide)

Sounds simple (and probably is!) but I just can't make it happen. Any help welcomed. Thanks.

John Wilson
07-01-2016, 06:03 AM
There are two ways to do this. ActivX TextBoxes live in a slide container. Confusingly the name of the container has nothing to do with the slide number.

If you right click > View Code you will see the container name here. Despite being Slid18 it is actually on Slide 1.

You can then say Slidex.TextBox1.Text=Slidey.TextBox1.Text

OR You can Say

ActPresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Text=ActPresentation.Slides(6).Shapes("TextBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Text

Blueskies
07-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks John. Have tried both your suggestions but something isn't quite right as it keeps insisting that the source textbox is not in the Shapes collection.

Quite wacky as the textbox is there on the slide! Any thoughts. Thanks

John Wilson
07-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Are you sure it is not named TextBox13

Blueskies
07-02-2016, 04:46 AM
Brilliant John! I overlooked that the names were case sensitive. Thanks so much for your help.