PDA

View Full Version : Automatically inputting information from Excel fields?

ScheckRB
07-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Hey guys - just found this forum via Googling for some help and I'm hoping someone can give some advice to someone that is pretty new to trying this kind of thing.

Just started a new job in eCommerce and one of the things I'm going is going to be re-writing item descriptions in HTML.

What I'd really like to do is come up with a boiler-plate Word document that reads specific details (Brand, Model number, bullet points and facts etc) from fields in Excel and I can just update the fields in Excel with the pertinent info, have it automatically update the text on the word document and then just copy and paste the text.

Is there anything like that available or possible or am I just dreaming of easy work?

gmayor
07-04-2016, 08:19 PM
The short answer is that of course you can do that, but we would need more information about what you have in your worksheet and how it relates to your document. See for example http://www.gmayor.com/Userform_ComboBox.html . The columns from the selected item in the list or combo box could be inserted anywhere required in your document.

ScheckRB
07-05-2016, 05:13 AM
The short answer is that of course you can do that, but we would need more information about what you have in your worksheet and how it relates to your document. See for example . The columns from the selected item in the list or combo box could be inserted anywhere required in your document.

Thanks!

So what I want to do is have a basic template for an item description and just changed the 'Brand' and 'Model' and some other smaller things like that inside of Excel and have it automatically change the values on the excel sheet, so I can copy and paste the text into item descriptions - will help with making changes to more complex HTML a bit easier as I won't have to reformat it, just change the values.