PDA

View Full Version : Need some help Urgently - With Word 2010

ashariff
07-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Hi All,

I need some help with MS Word (don't know if there is a need for VBA or not and how can the presentation work etc. - sorry i am a complete novice with VBA).

The principle is to have several word document templates to have the following feature:
1. 7 selection options of sites i.e. site 1, site 2, site 3 etc. - Which when the user uses the template can select
2. Based on the above selection, the address for the site to be displayed for them

I am not sure how best to do this. none of the above is meant to change but the idea is that with hundrends of word templates working independantly - an automated way above may make their life easier.

I will really appreciate your assistance and guidance with this. Many thanks

ashariff
07-05-2016, 05:28 AM
Having thought a bit further on this. I am thinking the user will need to be given 7 site choices via a list or check box etc. And once they select the right box the address will need to appear on the word template.

I am so sorry for this, but really in need of some guidance on how i can make this work...

thanks

gmaxey
07-05-2016, 09:01 AM
There are several ways to do this. The simplest may be to use a dropdown content control to select the site and then leverage the On_Exit event that control to fill in a second "Address"content control.