PDA

View Full Version : Help needed ! copy data from tabs of one work book to another !

jeeva
10-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Dear all,

In one of the worksheets in a work book i've 4 columns which are UI objects of a screen listed with there types and comments. These objects are fixed for every screen. For one particular scenario say we have to go thru first 4 screens. So this work sheet will have the data from all the 4 screens in the flow order.

My problem is i need to write a macro for filling these columns with the data taken from another XLS (each screen in a indivdual tab). Please let me know how to go about this. Is it possible to write a macro to copy these contents to the xls worksheet which i need to generate. The selection of the screen driven by user input through checkboxes in a Screen Form.

If more information required i shall povide the same too to ur individual mail ids.. i dont find any attachment option in this page !:help

royUK
10-15-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm afraid your question isn't very clear. Can you attach a zipped example workbook?

johnske
10-15-2005, 04:19 AM
If more information required i shall povide the same too to ur individual mail ids.. i dont find any attachment option in this page !:helpHi jeeva,

Click 'Advanced' to manage your attachments (they do need to be in zip form)

jeeva
10-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Dear John & Roy..
thanks for your valuable suggestions. Even i was afraid that my explanation is not clear ;)

I'm attaching an xls with this.. in that you can see 4 columns
Application,Screen,UI object, Object type...

Under every screen name the UI objects in that screen along with their types are listed.
The Screens differ for every scenario so are the UI objects.. i've 200 different scenarios.. so i'm planning for a macro which will ask me my preferences for the applicable screens...
say it lists Screen1 to screen 5, in that i select screen 1, 3 & 4.. only.. So what i expect the macro to do is it has to open the base xls in which i've kept the UI objects captured already.. every single tab in the base xls belongs to 1 Screen. The macro has to read the contents of the selected screens only (identifying the tabs by itself) and copy the 4 columns in each tab and paste them into a new workbook in the sequence that i selected for the screens.

In the attachment Base.XLS the different tabs are the different screens
Required.xls is my desired output... this is a new worksheet that has to be generated ! think this is bit elaborate for you to understand..

due to data security the attached documents are just examples !