PDA

View Full Version : export word table data into an excel sheet

Ivyan
07-30-2016, 03:56 AM
Hi everyone, I create a word form to collect data from certain people. Once the a user click the "Submit" command button, hopefully the data will be exported to a certain row(the third row) in an excel sheet. And a second user click the submit buttom, the data will be exported to the fourth row in the excel sheet, and so on. The excel is like a database for me to record and track every requests I received. Also, I want only part of data in the word table to be exported. But I am not familiar with VBA at all. So I am looking for your help! Is there any sample codes? Thank you in advance!

gmayor
07-30-2016, 05:49 AM
The simplest method would be to investigate http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm. No VBA knowledge required.

gmaxey
07-30-2016, 09:03 AM
To address this " ... Also, I want only part of data in the word table to be exported. ...", Graham's add-in an mine support this requirement. Read the supporting web page notes carefully to see how.

Ivyan
07-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It looks a pretty good solution. But I am not sure whether or not my boss would agree with this idea. Few days ago, I came up with an idea that I create a web form and also establish a web site to support the form with the help of my friend. My boss rejected that idea out of security concern because the data is highly confidential. So I turn to learn some VBA knowledge about MS Word/Excel/Outlook even though I know there might be an easier way to make it automate. :)

gmaxey
07-30-2016, 08:38 PM
The code that Graham and I wrote is not going to be any more or less secure than any code you write for yourself.

Ivyan
07-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Ok, I will try that solution then. Thanks again!