PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Out of memory

Martinw
07-31-2016, 11:59 AM
I am using excel 10 on windows 10. I have 8GB ram and am using about 33% of it.
My personal file is 6274kb. It was at 14mb when it ran out of memory, so I have cut it down.
My problem is when I try to change the name of a public sub from "R821020F2vv" to "R821020F2L105" I get the message "Out of memory"
I have removed and reloaded office 10. I have no active add-ins
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:(

SamT
07-31-2016, 12:53 PM
Search this Excel Forum for "Styles." Paul has a couple of posts about removing them shrinking File sizes drastically.

Search the internet for Excel Diet.

I am having a similar issue,on my computer, just not related to Excel in any way. Using Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task manager look for any tasks that are taking up far more memory than you would expect. For example, in WinXP, other than my internet browser, no process takes even close to 100MB of memory, but it is using 136MB.

Make sure that you have no unsaved data before you End that Process.

Martinw
07-31-2016, 01:08 PM
thanks for that I will check asap

Aussiebear
07-31-2016, 03:33 PM
I've actually uninstalled windows 10 from my laptop as it created numerous "memory issues".

Paul_Hossler
07-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Also try

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

[QUOTE][During the process of creating VBA programs a lot of junk code builds up in your files. If you don't clean your files periodically you will begin to experience strange problems caused by this extra baggage. Cleaning a project involves exporting the contents of all its VBComponents to text files, deleting the components and then importing the components back from the text files./QUOTE]

which is different than ExcelDiet

Martinw
08-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Thanks for all of the comments above.
CodeCleaner - I have installed it but cannot find it. I have gone to options > Add-ins > Manage Add-ins > Com Add-ins > Go - this brings up a box with nothing in it. Anyone know what I doing wrong. Please advise.

Paul_Hossler
08-01-2016, 08:31 AM
If it's installed, you can see in in [Options], [Addins]

You 'might' have to Browse to it and add manually. In Win10 it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\AppsPro\CodeCleaner

There are some Installation Instructions that are important also, so make sure to do these first

Before installing the Code Cleaner you must set your security to trust access to Visual Basic projects.

Excel 2010 and Later - Choose File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings. Check the checkbox labeled Trust Access to Visual Basic Project and click OK twice to finish.

On the editor side it's under [Tools]

Martinw
08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Thanks for that Paul
I now have it up and running and the file size is a whole lot smaller.

Ta,
Martin