PDA

View Full Version : Code to generate plots for different variables with different range in loop manner

csborade
08-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I am working with a huge data set (oil well production data). I have wells and their respective oil production for 15+ years. My goal is to plot oil production (Column I - x axis) vs. cumulative oil production (Column J - y axis) for different wells. I have over 30 + wells with different ranges. But I only want to plot a handful of wells. I have filtered out these well names from (Column A) for which I want to generate the plot and put it in Column Q (Q3:Q35).

I am wondering if its possible to write a code which will pick the well name starting in Q3 (filtered well names I want to plot) and go to Column A and search for that well name. Followed by selecting the range for that well and using this range (which will be stored as A#:A#) can I use it to plot (xy scatter plot on a new sheet) for the same range in Column I & J.

And I want to continue this for the next well (Column Q) and onward until it reaches a blank cell in Column Q. I was hoping I could get some help on this. I am attaching the sample excel sheet. I am working with Excel 2010.

I appreciate all your comments and suggestions in advance.

Thank you.