PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Conditional formatting

Sir Babydum GBE
10-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Not really a vba question...

Is there a way of saying (as a conditional formatting formula) "If this row number is even, then apply this formatting.

This is to accomplish getting alternate grey / white lines for ease of reading. I've done this before by using formulae in cells than getting the conditional formatting rules to refer to those formulae, but this time I can't create the extra columns to put those formulae in. So it all has to be done in conditional formatting.

Bob Phillips
10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Not really a vba question...

Is there a way of saying (as a conditional formatting formula) "If this row number is even, then apply this formatting.

This is to accomplish getting alternate grey / white lines for ease of reading. I've done this before by using formulae in cells than getting the conditional formatting rules to refer to those formulae, but this time I can't create the extra columns to put those formulae in. So it all has to be done in conditional formatting.

Of course.

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows

geekgirlau
10-19-2005, 03:09 AM
If it's a once-off action, have you tried the autoformat? "List1" will give you alternating grey backgrounds on the rows.

Sir Babydum GBE
10-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Gordon Bennett! That was quick! I hardly had time to use the men's room then!

(Do you think I'm using to many exclamation marks?!)

Thanks both.

Bob Phillips
10-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Gordon Bennett! That was quick! I hardly had time to use the men's room then!

(Do you think I'm using to many exclamation marks?!)

Thanks both.

No, we all just understand your status in this group, and we treat your questions with the priority that they undoubtedly imply when you post.

And, hey @$$****, we don't call it 'men's room' in our fair land(s), certainly not in Yorkshire (whew, can't keep up all that obsequiousness).

Sir Babydum GBE
10-19-2005, 05:40 AM
No, we all just understand your status in this group, and we treat your questions with the priority that they undoubtedly imply when you post.And rightly so.

And, hey @$$****, we don't call it 'men's room' in our fair land(s), certainly not in Yorkshire (whew, can't keep up all that obsequiousness).Just thought out of consideration I'd use an expression that would be universally understandable.

(1 Corinthians 24:19-23) :)