PDA

View Full Version : Help with lookup formula

av8tordude
09-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Can someone help me with formula

1. Lookup the word "IBQ Credit Card" from the top pic and find it in the bottom pic (Row 19)
2. Match the date in the top pic (Row 35) with the date in the bottom pic (column B)
3. Enter all the values in the bottom pic (column E) and enter these value in the top pic (row 42)

Note: the word "IBQ Credit Card" in the bottom pic can move horizontal so the formula has to be dynamic with looking for this word.

Thank you for your help.

Paul_Hossler
09-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Attaching a sample workbook with data would make it easier

offthelip
09-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Your picture is unreadable, but the way I would do something like that is using the functions Match , Index and Offset, which when combined together are much more flexible than the the lookup functions

av8tordude
09-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I've attached a booklet.

SamT
09-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Lookup the word "IBQ Credit Card" from the top pic and find it in the bottom pic

No matter how I tried, I could not find "IBQ Credit Card" in this Row

Month

Snowball
Additional
American Express
Int'l Bank of Qatar

Match the date in the top pic (Row 35) with the date in the bottom pic (column B)
I notice that it is possible to match the Serial values of the Dates in Sheet1 to the Serial values in Sheet2.

I'm not sure how to do what you want, since it is obvious that the attachment is not the same as your actual workbook.

Further, I assume that you want this to work for many entries.

Do you want a Macro that will fill in the blanks?
OR
Do you want a UDF that you can use in a Formula in Sheet1?

In either case, we will need an accurate example of the two sheets

p45cal
09-04-2016, 03:00 AM
maybe, just maybe, in cell D42 of sheet1:
=INDEX(Sheet2!$A$19:$E$26,MATCH(D$35,Sheet2!$A$19:$A$26,0),MATCH($A42,Sheet 2!$A$19:$E$19,0))
copy up/down/left/right and around.