PDA

View Full Version : VBA HELP!!!

bucknut4545
09-05-2016, 06:13 AM
I am in need of some help. I have a workbook that has a sheet (Quote Form) hidden. On the main sheet I created a calculator that builds quotes that later get sent to this hidden sheet. I would like to have a button that and export this sheet in a format that will allow the customer to use check mark boxes and type their name and date. The form would need to be locked with the exception of the areas where the customer would need to approve the quotes. I have been able to export the form as a PDF but obviously that is not allowing the customer to type in the form. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

SamT
09-05-2016, 06:57 AM
What one office program do all your customers use?

bucknut4545
09-05-2016, 07:13 AM
They all use Microsoft Office, but I am not sure of what versions.

SamT
09-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Just send the Excel Quote Sheet.

bucknut4545
09-05-2016, 07:41 AM
What would the code be to have a VBA button export the specific sheet into its own workbook? Also keeping selected cells locked

SamT
09-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I believe that copying a sheet to a new workbook keeps the protection.

2) Any button on the sheet will be copied with the Sheet. The Code for "Forms" style buttons will not be copied. The code for "Control Toolbox" buttons will be copied. I suggest that you place the ("Control Toolbox") button on another sheet.

1) To start developing the required code, record a Macro of you manually copying the sheet to a new book. When you post the code here, we will help you perfect it and help you get the button to work with the code

As an added feature, you can place a "Control Toolbox" button on the Quote that would email the quote back to you if the client uses Outlook. That is fairly complex code for a beginner.

Take note that any code in the Quote Sheet's Code page will be copied with the sheet, so you can make the copied sheet interactive.