PDA

View Full Version : Search in multiple workbooks to identify duplicate values

Mondo91
09-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi am am at total novice with VBA and would appreciate any help offered.

I am looking for help to develop a search Macro which can search across two other workbooks with multiple sheets to find exact matches to my data.

Basically Workbook 1 is a new report I am creating with fresh data, I need to perform a search across Workbook 2 and 3, which are both master files containing large quantities of data, to identify if they contain duplicate values. If workbook 2 or 3 do contain duplicate value then the duplicate will be highlighted in workbook one.

Not sure if that made any sense, in layman's terms i am looking for a Find and replace tool which can find multiple values at once.

offthelip
09-29-2016, 02:25 AM
You will need to specify your problem in much more detail to get an answer, e.g. which columns have data in the primary workbookand how many sheets does it have, do you want to search all sheets in this workbook, do you want the match to be done cell by cell, if not what? , which columns have data in the searched workbooks, are the workbooks already open are these the only workbooks which are also open, how many sheets in these workbooks do you want to search all sheets where is the data in these workbooks and finally what do you wnat to do when a mathc is found.
Then we might be able to help you.