PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Using autofilter to loop and count visible cells

had1015
10-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Hi,

I would like to get assistance in creating a macro which would filter my data based on dates listed in a column. I have around 15,000 records and I'm trying to have a macro which would loop through dates listed in one column. For instance column Z has a list of weekly dates (Mondays) developed from the earliest and latest dates listed from column Y. I want the macro to look at the first date starting in cell Z4 and filter using column Y as the field for all items equal to or greater than Z4 and less than Z4 plus 7. This gives me a one week window. I'd like the count of visible cells to be written to cell AA4. This should run continuously until the last date has completed in column Z. My data ranges from a1 thru column z with variable numbers and rows and with headers in row one. I have tried using this macro I found on the internet:

Sub FilterByDateTime()
Dim dDate As Date Dim dbDate As Double
If IsDate(Range("z4")) Then
dbDate = Range("z4")
dbDate = DateSerial(Year(dbDate), Month(dbDate), Day(dbDate))
Range("A1").AutoFilter Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=">=" & dbDate,Operator:=xland criteria1:="<" & dbDate + 7
End If
End Sub

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips
10-04-2016, 03:38 AM
Instead of going to all of that trouble, why don't you just add this formula to AA4

=COUNTIFS(Y:Y,">="&Z4,Y:Y,"<"&Z4+7)

and copy down

had1015
10-05-2016, 03:11 AM
Thank you xld for your excellent response. A good lesson for to me for a simple and effective solution.