PDA

View Full Version : calculating time display when the macro is running (the time is a lot while calcule)

giani1984
10-06-2016, 04:56 AM
HI all!

Excouse me because my Englisch, it isn't very good...

My problem is that I have a great workbook which can calculate only slowly (10.000 rows, 170 columns consist the source data sheet; 10.000 rows, 70 columns consist the counter (calculater, evaluater) sheet, 10.000 rows, 45 columns consist the display sheet).

I have made a macro, which initialize the parameters on the main sheet, and it start the calculate (re-calculate), because it set to Manual (Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual). This macro hasn't got any loop...

Could you somebody write an easy (easyest:-) ) subroutine, which can execute / take it:

When my macro start and run (copying, clearing, resizing tables, calculating during 5 minutes and save), this subrutine display an label on an userform, where is an time counter, which display, how many seconds gone...

Thank You everybody for help,

Giani

mana
10-06-2016, 05:29 AM
There is no possibility for speed up?

giani1984
10-06-2016, 07:20 AM
There is no possibility for speed up?

No, ...
In my workplace, my employer company have an SQL database to record our works, contracts, etc...
But, this system hasn't got assess function, that is why I get an import function from the IT collegue, what can import the main data into *.CS file...
I make an workbook, where is:
- an import sheet, where I copy the .CS data
- an assess (calculate) sheet, where I interpret, translate the data (a lot of difficult formula... for exemple: cascade 12 IF function, vlookup, and so on...)
- an "EPG" sheet, where I display the results, without formula, only reference to the other sheet...

I make the new report this macro method:
I get the import data without macro, and copy into import sheet
I start the macro:
- it copy the formulas every rows on assess sheet, where I have to calculate
- it copy the formulas every rows on EPG sheet, where I have to display
- It start the application calculate method (it refresh the results in cells)
- after that it delete the import and the assess sheet...

when the table is calculate, it is 80MB... But, when I look at result, it is only 3MB...

Giani