PDA

View Full Version : "The Master" ,The one Book that rules them "ALL."

b_rianv
10-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Good evening everyone,
I have made a template for everyone to use and manage there workbooks not only for personal use but maybe even office called the "The Master" ,The one Book that rules them "ALL."
I would like it to open many workbooks and log workbook activity by code if possible also. This is were the "Code GODS" are needed!

Explanation of Workbook "The Master"
You will see in the workbook (6) fields labeled as such...
-Workbook Reference list #1 (this area is a reference point for "The Master" to open the said workbooks you want opened) Maybe the file path will have to be enter here for a macro to navigate too or if possible just the workbook name,I don't know that would depend on the "code gods" how this plays out.
-File Format of Workbook (a macro that would read "what file format the xls is and log it)
-Last Reference Date and Time (a macro that would read "last date and time" the xls was opened and log it)
-Amendments made Yes OR No (a macro that would tell if "amendments/changes" to the xls was made and log it)
-Total Times Opened (a macro that would count total times the xls was opened and log it)
-Password Protected (a macro that would tell if the xls is password protected and log it). I don't know if this is possible,might have to manually input this data.
and a notePAD for notes of course.

The process.
Step 1...When you open "The Master" workbook a "Message box would display asking you, "How many workbooks would you like to open,Master?
And you would input in to the message box how many workbooks you would like to open, (1,2,3,4,5..etc)
Step 2...Next another Message box would display asking you, "What workbooks would you like to open,Master?
And you would input in to the message box the names of the workbooks you would like to open, (that would depend on the "code gods" how this plays out).By file path you enter in to the fields or just the workbook name in the reference list.
Step 3..."The Master" workbook then would open the said workbooks and log the information. And you could start your work.
Step 4...Upon completion of your task in the workbooks you would save whatever you did and minimize the said workbooks, "The Master" workbook then would ask, Would you like me too log the information,Master? A message box would popup and you would input "Yes or No". Then "The Master" workbook would save all log data about the open workbooks and close them, (this again would depend on the "code gods" how this plays out).

So lady's and gentleman, is this possible or is it too much to ask for?

Thank you,
Brian