PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copy Internet Icon from Desktop to Worksheet

Cyberdude
10-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I have an icon on my desktop that brings up this forum. I click it and ...voila!...here I am! How can I copy that icon from my desktop to an Exccel worksheet. I tried dragging it, but it created a new workbook...not at all what I wanted. Perhaps a better question is, how do I create a button on my worksheet that when clicked will take me to a web site?

Norie
10-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Why not just insert a hyperlink? (Insert>Hyperlink...)

If you need code:

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://www.vbaexpress.com"

Desert Piranha
10-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I have an icon on my desktop that brings up this forum. I click it and ...voila!...here I am! How can I copy that icon from my desktop to an Exccel worksheet. I tried dragging it, but it created a new workbook...not at all what I wanted. Perhaps a better question is, how do I create a button on my worksheet that when clicked will take me to a web site?Hi,
Can you "insert object", Browse, find the icon you want and click ok. Format the object (icon) "no line & no color", that way just the actual icon shows. Then assign a macro to it,to connect to the site?

Cyberdude
10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the great replies, Guys! Hyperlink...of course! Duh. Don't know why I didn't think of that, but some days are like that.

mdmackillop
10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
:old: