PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Question about Pivot Tables and Filtering Functionality

jaydee
11-03-2016, 03:43 PM
When using multiple filters in a pivot table, it is possible to see items just related to the previous filters in the dropdown list?

For example, I have a pivot with 1000 vendors. I select one salesperson and I know he sells to 95 vendors. After filtering on his name, I select the vendor filter dropdown list and it shows 1000+ vendors, not just the 95 related to him.

My question is, is it possible for Excel to just show those 95 vendors, as opposed to showing all 1000 which isn't relevant to him?

Thank you,

mancubus
11-04-2016, 01:06 AM
perhaps seeing the workbook anf knowing how you filter the pivot table will help helpers to reproduce the case.

btw, check this pivot filter tuorial:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Filter-data-in-a-PivotTable-cc1ed287-3a97-4e95-b377-ddfafe79fa8f

jaydee
11-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks manacubus!

After reviewing the pivot table link you sent, I tried adding a slicer for the vendor name field as opposed to including it in the filters section of the field list. The slicer shows the vendors related to each salesperson on the top, while graying out unrelated vendors on the bottom of the list. When I put the vendor name in the filters list, every name is included in A-Z order.

Thanks again for your help. This is more of a convenience for our sales team, so they don't have to scroll through the list of unrelated vendors. My manager will be happy!

mancubus
11-04-2016, 03:08 PM
you are welcome. thanks for the feedback and marking the thread as solved.