PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent thickness of table borders: is there a remedy?

Yuri
11-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi all.
In earlier Word versions, I had no problems with tables in documents. But beginning with Word 2007 I often run into situation with inconsistent thickness of table borders in Word documents. An example is attached to this message. When I scale the document (Ctrl+mouse wheel), a part of table borders either gets not visible or gets visible again. When I print the document, all the borders are printed correctly. Is it a defect of document or a bug in Word? I am using Word 2010. Can this bug be fixed using VBA?
---
Regards, Yuri

User#13347
11-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Hey I checked your file, I am no wizard but I think this is just how word displays the lines in your table since they run so close together. When I creat a table like yours in the file you provided I get the same wonky view, but if you zoom you can see the lines are proportional. I'm on office 2016 and I don't have this issue. Try experimenting with an older version of word when you save your file perhaps? so start with a blank .doc file instead of .docx.

Good Luck ~

Yuri
11-15-2016, 02:17 AM
I discovered that the bug is observed if the table cells are aligned to top (as it is in the document). When I change the cells alignment to center or bottom, the defect disappears (the borders become visible at any zoom, but visible border thickness remains inconsistent). But in my document, I need the cells be aligned to top! Any ideas to fix the defect?

Paul_Hossler
11-16-2016, 06:58 AM
The 'defect' only appears because of your monitor and/or video settings.

Zooming changes some of these things and it appears perfect to me also

If you print it, are the different thicknesses still there?

If the print is OK, I think you're have to live with the display or change your monitor and/or video settings

Yuri
11-16-2016, 07:19 AM
The 'defect' only appears because of your monitor and/or video settings.

Zooming changes some of these things and it appears perfect to me also

If you print it, are the different thicknesses still there?

If the print is OK, I think you're have to live with the display or change your monitor and/or video settings

Paul, thank you for your response. No, the table borders are correct in the printed version: they are visible and consistent (but they are not in the 'Print preview' window).