PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Need help const a VBA Macro to record 3rd and 4th digits, place in to rght in col B

estatefinds
11-14-2016, 08:07 AM
I have numerical data in column A which consits of 4 digits that make up a combination.
I need to have a macro when ran it records the 3rd and 4th digits of the combinations of column A and copy then to Column B.
Please can any one help?

in the axample i am attaching I did the first handful of combonations to show what it should look like.
Thank you very Much in advance.

Paul_Hossler
11-14-2016, 08:15 AM
A function that does that.

Option Explicit

Function Right2(I As Variant) As Variant
Right2 = CDbl(Right(I, 2))
End Function

estatefinds
11-14-2016, 08:51 AM
I opened the devolper to view code added code and its requested a name of macro I tried everything and I think Im doing sometoing wrong

Paul_Hossler
11-14-2016, 09:22 AM
I opened the devolper to view code added code and its requested a name of macro I tried everything and I think Im doing sometoing wrong

In the VBE, go to [Tools] and [References] and see if any are #Missing. Sometimes I've had the string functions (i.e. Right() ) cause the 'Missing Function' error

Either 1) fix reference or 2) restart computer works

estatefinds
11-14-2016, 09:41 AM
i did what you said above and it still dosnt work I click run and it asks dfor a macro name.
What do I name this so it works. Whhen i Do Name is it puts Sub in front of it

is there a nother way to accomplish this usng VBA?

estatefinds
11-14-2016, 09:43 AM
with the Sub it says"expected sub error"

Paul_Hossler
11-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Right2() is a function and can be used on a worksheet, or called by a VBA Sub

If you're looking to do all the numbers at once, try something like the Sub Right2All

Since the Function only had one line, it was just as easy to include the code in the Sub directly

Option Explicit
Function Right2(I As Variant) As Variant
Right2 = CDbl(Right(I, 2))
End Function

Sub Right2All()
Dim c As Range

For Each c In Range(Range("A20"), Range("A20").End(xlDown)).Cells
c.Value = CDbl(Right(c.Value, 2))
Next
End Sub

Look at the 2 sheets in the attachment

estatefinds