PDA

View Full Version : Identify Font used in XLS sheet

ihsyed
11-22-2016, 06:04 AM
hello experts,
posting my first question. I received one xls file from my architect department, they are using xls sheet to generate some shapes.
two files are attached , pdf one is the output but in xls in shape column i m not getting correct font, can anyone explain it
thanks in advance for help.
regards
Imran

Kenneth Hobs
11-22-2016, 06:24 AM
Some fonts like symbols may look like shapes or picture objects but they are not. Open the Developer button on the ribbon and click the Design Mode button to allow you to right click to select a shape object. Right the ribbon and Customize it to select the Developer group if not on your ribbon.

ihsyed
11-22-2016, 06:50 AM
Some fonts like symbols may look like shapes or picture objects but they are not. Open the Developer button on the ribbon and click the Design Mode button to allow you to right click to select a shape object. Right the ribbon and Customize it to select the Developer group if not on your ribbon.

thanks for your reply, but my actual problem is the font that is used in first pic,
i received this xls file and a pdf file (pic 1), in xls file shape column showing B G and other characters where there is formula (=+VLOOKUP(K13,Bar_Shape,2,)) is there but result is not appearing due to non availability of font. in font ASATBBS is appearing as font name which does not exists any where.
regards,

Kenneth Hobs
11-22-2016, 06:59 AM
If that is the case, then you must have the font.

Excel does not allow embedded fonts. MSWord does so I guess you can add Excel to an MSWord file with the font which might work. Some fonts can't be embedded in MSWord.

SamT
11-22-2016, 10:36 AM
In Acrobat, Edit Menu, Properties you can see all the Fonts used in the document. Plus some that aren't used. You might see most of the unused fonts in another pdf file.

You might be able to Convert the Document to a Word file and see the Font here.

When you identify the Font, try and download it and install it in Windows Fonts,

ihsyed
11-22-2016, 02:35 PM
thanks for help, finally i figured out font but strange part that this font is no where available for download
I used PDF Architect4 to view the pdf properties and it says font used is
ABCDEE+ASATBBS
type : true type
encoding : ASNI
i am looking for this type of font but not able to find anywhere :(
anyone have any idea about this font.
thanks & regards,

Imran

Paul_Hossler
11-22-2016, 04:07 PM
I would expect that the architect department has the font on their computers or they wouldn't be able to put the symbols on their xls

Could you get it from them?