PDA

View Full Version : Automation of email classification selection

T1A1
11-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Seeking the wisdom of you expert coders.

As part of a VBA project, emailing of reports is required. This is being achieved fairly simply with an activesheet mailenvelope as below

ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
.Introduction = "Rejected Payments Report"
.Item.To = Sheets("out").Range("bm370").Value
.Item.Subject = "Rejected Payments Report [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]"
.Item.Send
End With

ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False

However, there is a resultant disruption to the automation as outlook produces a pop-up window asking the user to select a security classification level for the email.

I attempted to code around this by adding .item.sensitivity.3 to automatically select the third option but this had no impact.

outlook version as follows

outlook 2013 15.0.4867.1000 MSO 15.0.4867.1001

the pop-up appears to be related to an external package and is marked protective markings for outlook - copyright preemptive consulting v2.1.2.2

I also tried using a basic sendkeys to try and navigate through this but it also didn't work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

builudi
01-28-2018, 09:57 PM
Hi there, have you got it sorted? If so I would appreciate that you could share.

georgiboy
01-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Have you tried:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Like:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
.Introduction = "Rejected Payments Report"
.Item.To = Sheets("out").Range("bm370").Value
.Item.Subject = "Rejected Payments Report [DLM=For-Official-Use-Only]"
.Item.Send
End With
ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Hope this helps

gmayor
01-29-2018, 01:53 AM
This issue appears to relate to an Australian third party product aimed at government use. I suspect it will not be possible to program around the pop up, as that would rather defeat the object of it.
You could ask the software company - https://www.preemptive.com.au/support/ - that produced the product.

builudi
01-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Thanks, guys. I did try Application.DisplayAlerts = False but it wouldn't work.

you are right - it is a third party add-in so probably cannot be overwritten by VBA code. The firm is called Boldon James though.

Unfortunately, I do not have the delegation to contact them directly, so will have to seek other ways.

gmayor
01-29-2018, 10:33 PM
I based my comments on the statement

the pop-up appears to be related to an external package and is marked protective markings for outlook - copyright preemptive consulting v2.1.2.2which pointed to the involvement of https://www.preemptive.com.au I guess Boldon James (who seem to be in the same line of business) were using Preemptive's software as a basis for theirs. I wonder if they know? :think:

builudi
01-30-2018, 10:04 PM
hi gmayor, thanks for your suggestion, however i think i will stop here as most of the coding has been completed

thank you both for your advice

paulked
01-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Please mark your thread as Solved (Thread Tools at the top of the page).

Cheers

builudi
01-31-2018, 07:37 PM
I cannot mark Solved as I am not the creator of the post - sorry

paulked
01-31-2018, 08:47 PM
AhHa!, I wonder what happened to the OP?