PDA

View Full Version : save images from word table as jpeg

Hungryman
12-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Hi All I have a Word document which has been spat out of a monster database that doesn't like making data available to people. It contains a 2 column table with a users ID in the first column and their photograph in the second. There are over 1000 rows in this table. I want to extract all the photos naming each as the ID from the first column. This is so I can easily find them using an attachment control in MS Access. I have no problem looping through the table using .Table(1).Rows(i).Column(2) etc. but once column 2 is found how do I test to see if it contains a picture and then select the picture and save as a jpeg/png file to a location.

I have already tried extracting the images to an unzipped file but then they are just numbered 'image1', image2' etc. I dont want to automate naming as i have to assume they are in order - it will take just as long as selecting, saving, renaming manually and i will die of terminal RSA.

Any thoughts/ideas welcome,

thanks

gmaxey
12-01-2016, 02:29 PM
AFAIK and unless Word has changed recently, it doesn't support saving shapes or inlineshapes to graphic format files.