PDA

View Full Version : VBA Exam type of questions

Junji Qian
12-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Hi, Can someone tell me what kind of questions will be in the exam? All multiple questions?
I am going to take the exam next week.
Thanks a lot!

Bob Phillips
12-02-2016, 11:43 AM
That is far too wide-ranging a question, depending upon who is setting the exam, it could cover any f the hundreds of Excel functionalities. You should approach those people and ask if they have any previous papers you could familiarise with.

Kenneth Hobs
12-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum!

As xld said, that is about the broadest question I have heard. I would also say "it depends".

With just one week and one post here, you will have your work cut out for you. Try to work through tutorials and make up your own exam questions. At this point, I don't see much value in browsing forums too much. Had you started months ago, forum participation is a great way to learn. Look at the number of posts by some and you will start to guess who knows their stuff. Of course some participate in more than one forum so that is a relative check.

Check MVPs sites. Some host forums and some are prolific bloggers. Many will have whole categories of solutions. Where there was a solution, there was a problem or goal to achieve.

If you want to score some big points, try to become an MVP. http://access-excel.tips/how-to-become-microsoft-mvp-excel/

Here is a neat way to see pics for many mvps with interesting tidbits about them and what they do. https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/MvpSearch?kw=excel

I doubt that I would ever be an mvp. I help solve many problems but I don't blog. I did a few kb articles here but that is not much. I am just a shade-tree sort of coder anyway. I do it to learn more myself.

Good luck on your quest.

Aussiebear
12-03-2016, 02:16 AM
I am just a shade-tree sort of coder anyway.

Man, that's about as far away from the truth as I can imagine. Your contributions here have always been most welcome, given that they are extremely constructive and educational. Its my belief that this website is highly regarded because of people like you.