PDA

View Full Version : Is a Multi-Cell Row Power Search Possible?

binar
12-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Fellow Forum Members,
I am using Excel 2013 and I have 4 columns (Columns A,B,C,D) of numerical data with 300 rows. Is it possible to perform a row power search for a series of 4 numbers such as 11, 5, 9, 14 on a single row between row 20 and row 120? I know it can be partially done using the filter feature, but I'm curious to know if a VBA script can perform such a row power search in a more direct manner. Any help will be greatly appreciated regarding the development of such a VBA script. And below is a screen capture I hope will better explain the power search capability I am seeking to make happen:

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter.

SamT
12-04-2016, 05:29 PM
regarding the development of such a VBA script
That's not Enough detail to develop a single "script" with a single type of input.

Inputs can be by selecting cells in the order you want them found or by selecting a single range of numbers.
Inputs can be entered into an InputBox in the order you want them found or as a single series of numbers.

You can find Rows that contain a series, or the numbers in any order or in only the order entered.

You can Highlight the numbers or the Row, Clear the numbers or the Row, or Delete the Row
You can copy the numbers (in any order) or the Row to another location

You can run the code until it finds the first instance, or until it searches the entire sheet, certain sheets, or all sheets.

You can have Control buttons to enable all sorts of variations on the above.

There are three basic Search types involved: By Random position, by Serial position, and by Series. all start with having the numbers in an Array.

Random Position:
For each Row
For Each number in the array, find the number Then set flags true (use an Array of Flags)
If not all Flags then Not Found

Serial Search:
For each Row
For each number in Array
Find number, if found, find next number after Found Cell
If any number not Found, go to Next Row

Series Search:
For each Row
Do until Until end of Row
Find Array(i),
If Found then For i = 1? to Array Count?, If Not Found.Offset(0, i?) = Array(i) Then Find Next Array(i)
loop
Next Row