PDA

View Full Version : Macros don't work on a few computers

xSmityx
12-09-2016, 11:54 PM
So I've posted something similar to this issue before. I have about 100 people I've supplied a template to with about 25 macros with shortcut keys assigned to them. about 90 have no issues, but for whatever reason 10 will get the template and none of the shortcut keys work.

So my temporary fix was to go in and change all the names of the macros and reassign the shortcut keys (keybindings is done through code as well) Each macro has a tag ES**** so I simply do a find and replace for ES and replace it with ESS. Then voila, the macros work. The problem is, I have to setup a screen share with them, access their computer and login to the VBA editor to access the modules to do this fix.

I've recently developed a method of changing the code automatically by accessing the VBA Project through code. This function works wonderfully, but the modules have to be unprotected first. And of course I can't go giving out the password to the employees. So I read up further and saw that there was a sloppy way to use Sendkeys to unlock the modules and then lock them back up again once you're done with the editing process. I have no desire to go that way.

So what I'm left with wanting to know is one, is there a way to avoid having to do this altogether? I have been seeking a solution to this problem for a long time now. Or two, if the problem remains a mystery, can anyone else think of a work-around so that the user won't need me to login to their computer to do it for them?

Any more information required please let me know. I'm very anxious to get this cleared up and settled.

Paul_Hossler
12-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Can you post a sanitized document with only one macro that show the issue?