I need a tiny bit of help please.

Scenario:

Word 2016 - maybe applies to other versions as well
.docm file
insert one Legacy activex TextBox
insert one buton
create a continuous section break
edit restriction "Filling in forms"
uncheck section 2 ( so the user can edit the doc below as he pleases )

Problem:

in the unlocked section (section 2), the user types "something something" press TAB, cursor moves
goes to next row, types "something something else", now when he clicks on the first row and wants an extra TAB, it does not insert the new tab space but starts to cycle through controls ( btn and stuff )

How can I allow the user to go back and enter tab spaces after he inserted some text?

Thank you in advance

If the only way is in VBA, I can live with it, just need some pointers on how to achieve it

Paul_Hossler
12-28-2016, 06:14 PM
goes to next row, types "something something else", now when he clicks on the first row and wants an extra TAB, it does not insert the new tab space but starts to cycle through controls ( btn and stuff )

You might try entering a Control+Tab to see. That the way Tables work so it might work here

WorldEnder
12-29-2016, 03:45 AM
Ctrl + Tab does the same thing as Tab (in this case) cycles through the controls on the page, I need it to insert a Tab character where needed (edit a previously completed line) - Let`s say the user copy/pasted information from another document in the editable Section 2 and now he wants to enter a TAB to shift something in the pasted lines.

gmaxey
12-29-2016, 05:04 AM
CTRL+SHIFT+TAB

WorldEnder
12-29-2016, 05:29 AM
still the same behavior, I would prefer the user press only TAB as in a normal document (we all have nab users)

I think it`s doable, something like

onTabPress{
insert TAB character
// or DISABLE TAB Navigation
}

gmaxey
12-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Honestly I didn't read your post very well to begin with. You are using a protection method intended for legacy formfields. With the arrangement you have the problem is even worse than you described. The enter key doesn't work either (here at least).

You don't need a section break. Use no changes read only and apply an exception or (editor) to the text after your controls.

WorldEnder
12-30-2016, 06:29 AM
ok, the deal is this,

the header and footer have some rules applied to and have been locked because they must not be changed by the user,
right below there`s a dropdown that lets the user select what department is going to be used for,
below that there are 5 textboxes that allow the user to insert a file number in the first, then the person to be delivered to and his address,
a buton to generate a QR code based on the address and other details,
and a pic that is a placeholder for the generated QR,
below that, there is a calendar control for the date and below the calendar control, the user must be free (almost) to complete whatever he needs, sometimes even hundred of pages.
the user must not be able to delete anything else above that section break, including "Data emiterii:" and other stuff that is pure text

Sry I had to blur some things (the white rects)

WorldEnder
12-30-2016, 09:54 AM
but for simplicity`s sake, I mentioned only the first part, it reacts just the same