PDA

View Full Version : Update data entry for all future months (not a single month)

ewuchatka
01-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Hi all

I'm new to macros but I'm doing my best to play with them and learn on the job. However I got stuck here!

See a data entry form attached which is to be used to track staff movements, changes promotions over time.

The data (AssociateData) lists all workers in the team and each worker has a row per month.

The manager of these employees will use the Input sheet to update employees data (e.g. changes of site, change to the role name, job level etc.). They will firstly select at the top (J1): Period of when the change commenced (let's say March, 2017), line manager and employee name and the form will appropriately update itself.

Then the manager can change someone's job title for example they know someone's role title will change from Research Techinician to Sr.Research Techinician in March 2017 so they change it in D12.

Currently when you run update, the AssociateData updates only for the selected Month, Year that you indicated at the top on the sheet Input. Because each employee has a row per month, this means that if your job role changes (from e.g. Research Techinician to Sr. Research Techinician) in March 2017, the macro will only update your March entry to Sr. Research Techinician but in April/May/June....etc. the old employee's job role (Research Techinician) will appear.

I would like any changes to be implemented for the following months.

I would be very grateful for your help.
Ewa