PDA

View Full Version : how do I save as .xlsx using xcell compiler

LinTruthy
01-12-2017, 12:48 AM
how do I make xcell compiler to save as .xlsx?

Logit
01-12-2017, 07:59 AM
how do I make xcell compiler to save as .xlsx?

The purpose of having a compiler is to create an executable program that doesn't require Excel (".xlsx") . Hence, the reason for the extension ".exe" .

You can try, after compiling your program,renaming from: YourProgram.exe to ---> YourProgram.xlsx and see if it still runs on it's own.

Sometimes, changing an ".exe" program extension to something else corrupts the file.

LinTruthy
01-12-2017, 08:31 AM
I tried using a macro to save as .xlsx but failed, it saves the new workbook as .xlsx. exe

LinTruthy
01-12-2017, 08:43 AM
when I change extension as u said, the file is corrupt

Logit
01-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Then it is confirmed. You can't change an " .exe " to something else (in this circumstance).

If there is a way, I am not aware of it.

When a project is compiled ( made into an executable ) the code is changed to Binary - it is no longer EXCEL code the way you see it when creating your project. In order for it to run as an executable
it requires the Binary format. Analogy: You can't make an orange an apple, once it has been created as an orange.

You'll need to make all your project changes within the Excel environment. Once it has been compiled ... that's it. You're done. Any further edits will need to be made to your original project in EXCEL then
recompile the project.

LinTruthy
01-12-2017, 09:41 AM
OK. Thank you