PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Basket in Access Help

jonnyjones
01-20-2017, 04:50 AM
I'm currently doing a project in which I have a form. The form is like a graphical entry form where the user clicks on a button and it will add the item into a basket. Once the user has finished adding the items to the basket they submit it and the order is stored in another table.

I currently have a table that will temporarily store the items that the user selects, once the user submits the form it will take all the items from that table and append them into the 'Orders' table.

The main problem I have is that I don't know how to link the buttons from my entry form to the temporary table the records get added to.

I'm currently using Access 2007-2010.
I don't know VBA so I'm trying to stay away from it however I'm willing to try it if that's the solution.

Here is a zip file of my database, the 'Graphical Entry form' is the form that's used for the shopping basket.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

TLDR
I need a way to transfer data from a form into a table.

OTWarrior
01-24-2017, 02:31 AM
Have you looked at the query builder in Access? That will allow you to create a "Make Table" query. The wizard will take you through it

You can then create an append query to add the data from the form.

You are asking for help on a VBA forum, so the solutions are likely going to be VBA based :)

If you are going the vba route, this article should give you a good overview:

https://www.techonthenet.com/access/modules/recordset.php

This is how to retrieve the data from a table, but the reverse would be similar.

Hope that helps.