PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Automated Label Printing with Word

Felix Atagong
07-29-2004, 08:10 AM
I need a little push because I can't get this thing to work. :bink: I run a macro that takes data from an e-mail attachment, creates invoices, creates despatch notes, etc...

After all that I have an Excel sheet "temporary.xls" with an address on line 1 (ex. A1 Name, B1 street 1, C1 Street 2, D1 Postal Code, E1 City, F1 Country). Line 2 and following contains the parcel data with a parcel number and weight (ex. B2 12345 C2 15 kg - B3 12346 C3 20 kg - B42 12999 C42 7 kg).

I want to push this data into Word, so that my pinprinter automatically starts to print Avery Labels TAB1 125 x 74. The problem is that I don't know how many labels there are to print on beforehand as one day I can 5 parcels, but the following day 15 parcels.

...and to add insult to injury... I don't want to manually import this data through a Word mail-merge, I would like this all to be triggered from my Excel page, so that only one macro-click does the trick.

Is this possible? (to see how long I am thinking about this: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=67400&highlight=) (http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=67400&highlight=))... and sorry for the cross-post...

Anne Troy
07-31-2004, 12:20 AM
No problem cross-posting, particularly when you're not getting an answer.

Do us a favor and upload a sample of the data file. Put it in Excel, then Winzip it, and you can hit Advanced on the reply box here, and you can attach the file to your post.

Also, is there any way to get the weights into subsequent columns instead of into row 2?

Felix Atagong
07-31-2004, 03:05 AM
No problem cross-posting, particularly when you're not getting an answer.
Thanks. :cool:

Do us a favor and upload a sample of the data file. Put it in Excel, then Winzip it, and you can hit Advanced on the reply box here, and you can attach the file to your post. Also, is there any way to get the weights into subsequent columns instead of into row 2?
Did that, see attached file.

Anne Troy
07-31-2004, 06:36 AM
Okay. I'm no coder (hence I created a website where a bunch of coders can hang out, hee hee), but we can still try to set the stage for when one jumps in to help us.

So, you've got the weights in row 1 in the sample file. Now, I assume:

1) that you can change your existing code to make that happen
2) that you want to KEEP the data once the labels are printed
3) that you need one label per parcel

Felix Atagong
08-01-2004, 07:52 AM
So, you've got the weights in row 1 in the sample file. Now, I assume:
1) that you can change your existing code to make that happen
2) that you want to KEEP the data once the labels are printed
3) that you need one label per parcel
3 x Yes, I already found some code to create a Word document from an excel sheet, but these examples just copy paste into Word, while I would like to do some elaborate formating on the Word page.

On a later stage I will have to introduce Barcode labeling as well.

Anne Troy
08-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Bump!