PDA

View Full Version : Scroll two subforms simultaneously

mtingle
03-05-2017, 07:27 AM
I have a situation where I have a lot of supporting data related to one field "A". When using a single subform I must scroll horizontally to see all of the data related to field "A" at which time field "A" scrolls off the screen making it difficult to know which row belongs to the name in field "A".

In a former post I received recommendations of using datasheet view and freezing the field "A" column. unfortunately this will not work for me because I have a custom subform which cannot be displayed in datasheet view.

I have added an additional subform beside the first to show only field "A" while the second subform shows the related data. This allows me to horizontally scroll subform 2 while maintaining visibility of field "A" in subform 1.

Now to my question...I would like for subform 1 to scroll vertically when I scroll subform 2 vertically. Both subforms vertically scrolling in synch. Can this be done?

Logit
03-05-2017, 11:04 AM
If you can refer to the worksheet while viewing the UserForm also, you could FREEZE Col A. This allows this rest of the sheet to scroll to the left, in essence "under" Col A.
Col A will always be visible.

If all of the info you are viewing is located on the UserForm, the above will not be of benefit to you.

jonh
03-06-2017, 04:18 AM
Two things : Fix your tables and stop trying to turn Access into a spreadsheet.

When tables are properly designed (normalised) they shouldn't hold so many fields.
And instead of joining all of the tables together and displaying many columns on your forms, allow your users to drill down into the data.

Your continuous form should show a few high level fields. When a record is selected more details are loaded into another sub/form/pop up/etc, meaning users don't need to scroll so much/at all.