PDA

View Full Version : Mail Merging problem

erin64
11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I posted this earlier in MrExcel's msg board(http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=177132), but so far no help.... So let's try here also. And don't exactly know, should this be in Word, Excel or VBA section....

Hello everybody!
I seem to have a problem, for you probably very small, but it's causing me headache... http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
I have our customers in xl-sheet and I made labels to letters with mail merge in MSWord. So far so good....
When I add a customer to the xl-sheet, how do I 'refresh' the word document's labels so that I don't have to do 'the mail merge' -thing everytime all over again?
Anybody?

And U all, have a great weekend!:beerchug:

-e-

Ken Puls
11-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi Erin,

First off, thank you for posting the link to the other post. We really appreciate that. :)

I don't know if I'll be able to help you with this or not, but I'm curious if you could clarify something for me. Are you trying to just add a new record to the Excel sheet and then have it automatically add just that last record to the Word stuff without actually redoing the whole merge? Turning it into a more dynamic document in effect?

sheeeng
11-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi Erin,

First off, thank you for posting the link to the other post. We really appreciate that. :)

I don't know if I'll be able to help you with this or not, but I'm curious if you could clarify something for me. Are you trying to just add a new record to the Excel sheet and then have it automatically add just that last record to the Word stuff without actually redoing the whole merge? Turning it into a more dynamic document in effect?

Same question here...You need it to be more dynamic? Updates itself whenever a new entry in Excel is added?

erin64
11-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi there!
Okay, I'll try to explain more clearly what I need... Sorry my english.

I have customer list in excel. And we do mail them letters about once a week. New customers are added to this excel sheet every day. I would like it to work like this: Adding customers to the xl-sheet daily, no mailing needed at that point. Every friday I need to print those labels for envelopes. So do I really need to go through this wizard for mail merge through every friday. So far it doesn't add the new customers...

Any clearer?

-e-