PDA

View Full Version : Search for files/folder based on excel list info and copy them to new destination fol

edkawy79
04-04-2017, 01:24 AM
Hello , I am new here I have been looking everywhere for something that would help me with my work, and I have found many similar things ( all working with single file or folder ) but I can’t find something really help me with my work, so here I am asking and hope to have your help
I am working with a large date every day and I need to make copy for some particular numbers of files & folders to other staff
The purpose of my request is:

A – create Macro to search for Folder name given in column A without full path given in column B and copy the same folder structure and its subfolders to the distention folder given in column C.
B – create other Macro to search for File name without extension” given in column A without full path given in column B and copy all relevant files ( pdf, xls,docx, txt. etc) to the distention folder given in column C.

Example for my work :

1- I need to search for file or folder as per criteria given in column A.
2- This criteria might be file name “ without extension “ or folder name.
3- In some cases , file name and folder name is the same.
4- The path of file or folder given in Column B is not completed , its only up to the main folder which I am sure the desired search value is under this category.
5- Example for search :
a. I am looking for file named “QC-DRC-***-0001”
b. This is search criteria which might be file name or folder name.
c. This file or folder name is located under Quality documents which I am sure of this information.
d. I will fill the excel with this information as following:
i. The given name will be in Column A
ii. The full path up to Quality folder “which I am sure that required search is under it “ will be paste in Column B
iii. The distention path will be in column C.
iv. Press search button and wish that all results will be collected in destination folder under folder named with same value given in Column A which will be as per this example “QC-DRC-***-0001”.

kindly see attached sample file with few folder and i hope that will help you to understand my request better

thanks a lot in advance for your help

edkawy79
04-05-2017, 11:46 PM
any help would be most appreciated