PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help storing values in Array and returning to 3 values

cwb1021
04-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Good morning experts,

Im attempting something a bit above my experience level (which is not high:). I have a worksheet with many columns, and I would like to compare the values in 4 of these columns, and if they are equal store an offset column value in an array and then copy / paste the rows with the highest 3 values in descending order to a new worksheet. I realize that is probably confusing, so i'll try to explain with a before and after from the attached worksheet.

So, in the attached workbook on worksheet "FilteredSet", Im trying to compare the values in columns F to I. If all values in those columns match for a row, the value in column BJ for that row is stored in an array. Because there are several combinations, there would be several arrays. From the array, I would need to find the highest 3 values and copy paste those values corresponding row to a new worksheet.

The data on worksheets "BHAStats" is what I hope to accomplish. There are many blank columns, but these will have data eventually.

I tried to simplify this by first creating a new column (BK) which combines all 4 values and then sorting from A to Z. This way only one column needs to be evaluated instead of 4. For this I used the following code:

[Sub TryAgain()
Dim wsFS As Worksheet
Dim LastRow
Dim ROPRange As Range, RCell
Set wsFS = Worksheets("FilteredSet")
wsFS.ListObjects(1).Unlist
wsFS.Range("BK1") = "Combined Stats"
LastRow = wsFS.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "BJ").End(xlUp).Row
Set ROPRange = wsFS.Range("BJ2:BJ" & LastRow)
For Each RCell In ROPRange
If RCell.Value > 0 Then
RCell.Offset(, 1) = RCell.Offset(, -56) & "," & RCell.Offset(, -55) & "," & RCell.Offset(, -54) & "," & RCell.Offset(, -53)
End If
Next

wsFS.Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveSheet.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, Range("$A$1:$BK$33"), , xlYes).Name = _
"FSTable"
Range("FSTable[#All]").Select

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FilteredSet").ListObjects("FSTable").Sort.SortFields _
.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FilteredSet").ListObjects("FSTable").Sort.SortFields _
.Add Key:=Range("FSTable[[#All],[Combined Stats]]"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues _
, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FilteredSet").ListObjects("FSTable").Sort
.Header = xlYes
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With
End Sub

But after this point, I am utterly lost as to what to do next.

Any suggestions on how to do this, or an easier way to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

mdmackillop
04-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Is this answered in your other post? (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?59151-Assign-each-element-of-an-array-to-a-variable&p=359584&viewfull=1#post359584)

cwb1021
04-13-2017, 05:30 AM
mdmackillop,

yes it was answered here http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?59151-Assign-each-element-of-an-array-to-a-variable&p=359584&viewfull=1#post359584 by Paul's post. it did not copy all data from selected rows to the new worksheet, but filtered very nicely. I just added some code to copy/paste the columns I wanted to the temp sheet where the data was filtered and it worked great.

Thanks!

Chris