PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] VBA for Auto Filter and Copy/Past the Visible Cells at Destination Workbook

mdasifiqbal
04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Dear Friends

I'm in need for help with a VBA which I'm trying to create but failed miserably as i'm still a novice. I was trying to make a VBA for Auto Filtering the Master Workbook by Customers name appearing in Column A (A7) and Copy/Paste the Visible Cells in Sheet1 of Workbook in the name of customer after clearing all data and template, same action need to be performed for all the customers in the Master workbook. so that when I run the programme all the customers workbook get updated automatically.

Thanks & Regards

Md Asif Iqbal

mdmackillop
04-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Copy/Paste the Visible Cells in Sheet1 of Workbook in the name of customer after clearing all data and template, same action need to be performed for all the customers in the Master workbook
Please confirm; you want to create a unique list of customers in sheet 1 of a different workbook

. so that when I run the programme all the customers workbook get updated automatically.
Please confirm; When you run the code the previous list created above will be deleted and replaced by the current data

mdasifiqbal
04-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Dear Mdmackillop

The master workbook which I had attached will be containing all the customers, and the data from master workbook for each unique customer need to be copy/paste to the workseet1 of each individual customer, for example if I have data for 1000 transaction of 10 customers (Ex Customer Name A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J) in master workbook appearing as 1000 line items which will be filtered and copy/paste to worksheet 1 of Workbook Named A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J. hope I'm clear

Thanks and Regards

mdasifiqbal
04-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Yes I want the pervious data to be deleted once updated

mdmackillop
04-23-2017, 02:48 AM
Give this a try

Option Explicit
Sub ConsolidateData()

Dim WB As Workbook
Dim wbTgt As Workbook
Dim Source As Range, cel As Range, tgt As Range
Dim Dic As Object, d
Dim Pth As String, f As String
Dim x

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set Dic = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
Set WB = ThisWorkbook
Pth = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\"

'Create unique list
With Sheet1
Set Source = Range(.Cells(7, 1), .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
On Error Resume Next
For Each cel In Source.Offset(1).Cells
x = CStr(cel.Value)
If x <> "" Then Dic.Add x, x
Next cel
On Error GoTo 0
'Create workbooks that don't exist
For Each d In Dic.keys
If Len(Dir(Pth & d & ".xlsx")) Then
'do nothing
Else
Workbooks.Add
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Pth & d & ".xlsx"
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
End If
Next d
'Set filtersource, open workbooks, clear target and copy data
Set Source = Range(.Cells(6, 1), .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
For Each d In Dic.keys
Set wbTgt = Workbooks.Open(Pth & d & ".xlsx")
Set tgt = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1)
tgt.CurrentRegion.ClearContents
Source.AutoFilter 1, d
Source.Offset(-5).Resize(Source.Rows.Count + 6, 12).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
tgt.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
tgt.PasteSpecial xlFormats
wbTgt.Close True
Source.AutoFilter
Next d
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

mdasifiqbal
04-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Dear Mdmacillop

This is quite close to what I want, but if the code is tweaked a little to copy the data from A1 to the next line upto which the data is filtered, suppose the code filters the customers and the data appears in five line item, the copy/paste to the unique customer workbook should be from A1 to the next line of filtered data and the same get pasted in the respective workbook of the customer

Regards
Md Asif Iqbal

mdasifiqbal
04-23-2017, 06:45 AM
one more thing the code does not stop when the last customer is reached.

mdmackillop
04-23-2017, 07:38 AM
I've amended the code posted above to include Row 1 and also to PasteSpecial values. I don't know what you mean by Post #7

mdasifiqbal
04-23-2017, 08:44 AM
the code doesn't stop after copy/past is performed on last customer in the list, it again starts from the 1st customer and so on

mdmackillop
04-23-2017, 09:11 AM
I can't replicate that behavior. Try stepping through that section of the code to isolate the issue.

mdasifiqbal
04-23-2017, 09:55 AM
I tried but any modification to the above code is making it non functional, and is not giving any results even though its creating the new file but with no data in it

mdmackillop
04-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Are you running this on your posted sample? If not can you post your workbook.

mdasifiqbal
04-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Dear Mdmackillop

have attached the complete file

Regards

Asif

mdmackillop
04-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Hi Asif
I've checked the code. It loops once to create the initial workbooks or add "missing" ones. It loops a second time to put the data into the workbooks. I cannot see the behavior you describe.

In the attached copy, I've added code which will open a file if you double-click the name in column A

mdasifiqbal
04-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Thanks a lot its working the perfect way as I wanted, I'm really grateful to you.

Thanks & Regards
Md Asif Iqbal