PDA

View Full Version : drop down lists vba

direct3822
04-26-2017, 07:39 AM

Hello
I desperately need your help for very difficult subject for me.
I have an excel file that serves as a database and that has several dimensions that the user is supposed to be able to select and according to his selection do calculations in this db.

More in detail: in the sample file on Sheet 2 (which must be hidden or locked for end use) we have 6 columns:
Segments, Sectors, Brands etc.
I will need to make 6 drop-down lists in Sheet1 corresponding to these 6 columns and that these lists are dependent if Segment1 is selected that SectorA, SectorB, SectorC etc appear in the sector drop-down list and thus For brands, products…

Major difficulty: the user is supposed to be able to "skip" criteria ... ie to be able to select from the list 1 Segment1 and without going through sectors and brands to have in the 4th list all the products that correspond to segment1 or in other words select ALL "For certain criteria

The purpose is once the selection of the criteria made that this selection sum the budget column of all the corresponding lines and inserts this line with recall of the criteria + budget sum below the drop-down list. Thus the user can make several selections that will each insert a line underneath

Somebody could help please ?