PDA

View Full Version : Auto populating text fields on websites and scraping the web

damainkilla
05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I created a macro that automatically populated different fields on a website / online application that'd then give me results based on my inputs (which I then would have to "scrape" the results for my Excel reports). Recently the tool just had an update to its UI so now when I click view source, the HTML is completely different.

I'm not an expert on HTML by any means and so in the past I was able to muddle my way through the HTML source page by using getElementsByName, getElementsByTag, and getElementsById, etc. in VBA. However with this update to the UI, when I click view source, the HTML source page looks like it's accessing different java scripts, and there aren't any tags or IDs that I can retrieve the data from or populate the fields or navigate around the web with my current macro.

When I click inspect element however, I can see there are some elements and IDs that I think with a few tweaks to my macro, it'd work wonderfully. Is there a way for me to access that underlying HTML page? And how would I do that? Thanks!

Fennek
05-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Hello,

for any recomendation it is necessary that a helper can check and test, so: is it possible to disclose the url?

regards