PDA

View Full Version : Improving a Concatenate & Vlookup Process

dubabear
05-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Hello, fairly new to VBA coding and I am trying to improve a process that was done before with multiple formulas.

I have an idea that code would require if,and,elseif statements to make it work properly and have no clue how to start it.

The current process is

Sheet1

In column I, there is a concatenate formula to put column B,D,F. Then take column A (account #) and paste it on column J. (moving A to J is to grab the information via vlookup by the concatenate.)

There also a sorting to move large numbers top to grab the correct information.

Sheet2

column AF is the concatenate formula that is pulling column B,K,P to tie back to sheet1.
Column AG is the vlookup to grab the information from Sheet1 Column J that was originally from column A

My Goal:

is to just grab columns A account numbers from Sheet1 that have certain account numbers (accounting there will be an opposite entry, this is why originally sheet 1 was sorted) account # such as 40100,40150, etc etc and work my way down to the last account that will be the catch all.

Then move to the next row.

SamT
05-08-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry, Can you define "Grab"?

I looked in my Excel VBA Dictionary, but I could not find "grab." What do you do with a column after you grab it... Throw it to third Base? Who's on third?

Seriously, I see that sheet 1, Column "A" is account numbers, Columns " B, D, & F" are text values. That sheet 2, columns "B, K, & P" are text values. That there are formulas, irrelevant to your goal, in both sheets.

I understand that your goal is to copy certain data from sheet 1 to someplace else.

The rest of your explanation is meaningless noise in VBA and Excel

PLEASE. Try again.