PDA

View Full Version : timesheet code

dylan 83
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I don?t know if you guys can help me or not.

I am currently building a timesheet for me staff. All the formulas and calculations for the hours are done and work fine. I am currently running one week per work sheet.

All I really want to do now is create a button on the bottom of my sheet. I want the button to lock the entire sheet from editing but still visible then create a new worksheet for next week carrying over the previous YTD information. The new worksheet needs the same style button on it for the same situation for next week and so on.

In the weeks that are current or being used the information on each sheet needs to be protected from editing but visible, although there are drop down lists that my staff use to enter there times.

:dunno

geekgirlau
11-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Are you able to post a sample workbook?

Zack Barresse
11-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Have you ever thought of recording a macro of these very actions, then slightly editing the macro? If you want, record the macro and post it here. Or post a sample workbook as geekgirlau has requested.

dylan 83
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
hey mate,

I've attached a copy of my project.

I still need to do some simple formating stuff like grid lines, hiding the formula sheet, etc...

But hopefully you can see or understand what I'm trying to acheive and any help from you pros would be awesome... I really don't know as much as I probably should.

The drop down lists need to be used by my staff and the light green cells need to be manually edited by admin, to confirm hours paid, sick, holiday and tax.

I aim at having one worksheet per employee, is that the right way or should I be doing something different. Is there a way to have multiple employees in one workspace, that will only let them see there records with individual passwords, or is that to much.

Any help once again would be awesome

:dunno